Fenugreek: AKA: Mother’s Little Helper
- Good for neurological problems
- Fenugreek is a great spice for the postpartum state. Supports mental functioning and help stimulate milk production
- relieves local pain and swelling when applied locally.
- Stimulates appetite and digests ama (poorly digested food)
- Recipe: Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and mix with candy sugar-use internally for any vata neurological problems (directly related to stress, anxiety and fear).
- Fenugreek seeds are used both whole and ground. As with many other ayurvedic spices, it is best to saute whole or ground fenugreek in Ghee before adding it to dishes. Fenugreek combines well with other spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, fennel and dried ginger.
I suggest ordering fenugreek from www.MountainRoseHerbs.com